What’s the Role?
The Executive Assistant (EA) is responsible for managing the schedule and communication of key executives in the company. This position will support the CEO and other Executive Team members. The right candidate will be highly motivated, flexible, and detail-oriented; comfortable working with lean teams and wearing multiple hats in a growing company environment.
- Provide sophisticated calendar management for the CEO. Prioritize inquiries and requests while troubleshooting conflicts; make judgements and recommendations to ensure smooth day-to-day engagements.
- Manage the email inbox of the CEO to assist with follow-up, ensuring timely response, and filing the e-mail into appropriate folders to end the day with no messages in the inbox. Proactively seek direction from the CEO for required action of inbound requests.
- Help other Executive Team members arrange travel, schedule meetings and other tasks requested.
- Act as a liaison and provide support to the Board of Directors. Arrange and handle all logistics for Board meetings and events: schedule meetings; draft agendas; develop, compile, and distribute presentation materials; and record meeting minutes. Adhere to compliance with applicable rules and regulations set in bylaws regarding Board matters.
- Complete a broad variety of administrative tasks that facilitate the CEO’s ability to effectively lead the organization, including assisting with special projects; designing and producing complex documents, reports, and presentations; collecting and preparing information for meetings with staff and outside parties; composing and preparing correspondence; maintaining contact lists; making travel arrangements; and completing expense reports using Zenefits.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for internal and external constituencies on all matters pertaining to the CEO, including those of a highly confidential or critical nature. Prioritize and determine appropriate course of action, referral, or response, exercising judgment to reflect CEO’s style and organization policy.
- Work closely with the CEO to keep them well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately. Anticipate the CEO's needs in advance of meetings, conferences, etc.
- Coordinate Executive Team meetings and team building activities.
- Work with the external investor relations team to coordinate the CEO’s investor outreach activities.
- Manage all aspects of organization’s office services. Evaluate and assist in developing office policies.
- Assist in the selection of vendors and replenish office materials such as snacks, printer supplies, paper, office supplies, etc.
- Other projects/duties as assigned for the overall benefit of the organization.
The candidate shall have at a minimum, ten (10) + years' experience working as an EA to C-level Executives (required), CEO-specific preferred. The candidate must also have the following minimum experience:
- Must be a self-motivated, hands-on executive assistant comfortable completing a variety of tasks in a smaller company environment
- Team oriented, with exceptional interpersonal skills, a positive attitude, unquestionable ethics and sound judgment
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively, with excellent business judgment and strategic thinking, and a proactive, solution-oriented approach
- Significant executive support experience, including supporting C-level executives.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office especially PowerPoint, Word and Excel.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional organizational skills and impeccable attention to detail.
- High degree of professionalism in dealing with diverse groups of people, including Board members, senior executives, staff, and investors.
- Make appropriate, informed decisions regarding priorities and available time.
- Ability to complete a high volume of tasks and projects with little or no guidance.
- Ability to react with appropriate levels of urgency to situations and events that require quick response or turnaround.
- Able to maintain a high level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information.
- Ability to switch gears at a moment’s notice.
This job is full-time, onsite.
Ledge is a Diversity E.O.E Focused Employer